Ad Code

"Killin' Em" (Interview with @ShotGunLive)

Raised in New Rochelle, New York by way of Barbados, Hip-Hop Artist Shotgun Live is ready to
make his mark in the game. Citing himself as his biggest competition, he plans to deliver a flavormthat is all his and unmatchable, just like DNA.

Born Anthony Luke, Shotgun Live earned his name partly because of his lively personality and from a tradition of ringing in the New Year by shooting a shotgun. Inspired by fellow New Yorkers, 50 Cent, Biggie, Mobb Deep, Jay-Z and the Lox and other greats like Tupac and Snoop Dogg, he’s spent the last 12 years mastering his craft as a lyricist and preparing for his debut.

Since 1999 he has completed 4 mix CD’s filled with heart, passion and originality. Adding to his
resume, Shotgun has performed in several music showcases including ones for Def Jam and thisis50.com, cable TV shows in New York and on Youtube.com. He appears exclusively on the Shotgun and Suave show on Youtube.

His main goal as an artist is to build his brand and become a beast on albums to come. Listeners
everywhere need to refresh their iPods with his latest single “G Swag” available on iTunes. They will not be disappointed.

Now living in Metro Atlanta, Shotgun operates as an independent artist and has plans to find
his niche in the new Hollywood of the South

Check Out His Interview With Mic Hustlins' KlearJOfficial

So, When and why did you start rapping, singing, etc.? I started rapping when i was like 14, 15 in my home boys basment playing around having fun.

What encouraged you to follow your dream? Well everybody used to say is was nice at it so i kept doing it and got better and better.

Is your family musical? My father used to play in a steal bad and played the drums in Barbados.

I know that you remember the first song that you wrote? Damn that a lot of songs ago lol i say i think it was called Shots Fired talking bout me and what was happing in my hood.

Who in the game has influenced you? Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Biggie, Mobb Deep, The Lox, CNN, Tupac, Snoop, all of the greats that were in the game.

Who would you say has been your mentor? I don’t know if i really have a mentor if anything i would say my older friend Scribbly. He sings and taught me some of the in and outs bout music.

Were you influenced by old records & tapes? Which ones? Man all the classic hip-hop albums. I listen to almost everything anything I can move my head to i listen to it.

Which one of your songs are your favorites? ‘Why they hating on me?’ is one of my favs cuz im expressing my feelings a lot in that song.

Do you perform in public? If so, what was the best one you could think of? I do a lot of open mics and shows cases, i would say my best one is the thisis50.com show case i did with my j.w crew we tore the stage down.

How do you handle mistakes during a performance? I act like they don’t even happen and go right threw them.

Do you get nervous before a performance? I used to when i first started but now i be more anxious than anything ready to get on stage.

What advice would you give to beginners who are nervous? Just do it that’s all the first time doing anything is scary but once its over you will be ready to do it again.

Any Shout Out That You Would Like To Give. Shout outs to my baby quiana , my mother , brother ,sister , all my cuzins ,my whole family in barbados , my j.w crew ,80thside,my get money niggas ,attica lundy , robyn latoi, dula , and celebstatuspr.

Tell Us Where We Can Find Your Work. You can find my music on twitter @shotgunlive and facebook, bowen live.