Ad Code

T.I. Finds A New Label Home For Grand Hustle + Teams W/Pharrell For New Album

Reported By @KlearJ
As of today (November 22nd), Columbia Records has partnered with T.I. and his Grand Hustle imprint to further distribute their records to the world. The first of many to be the Atlanta rappers ninth studio album coming early 2014.

According to Billboard, Tip has recruited Pharrell Williams, who was influential in his move to Columbia, to executive produce the LP, according to the label. Their collaboration comes after the success of Billboard's song of the summer, Robin Thicke's, "Blurred Lines," which features both Pharrell and T.I.
Read more at Billboard.

In a press conference, T.I. had this to say:
"I'm honored to be partners with such a successful, passionate and creative conglomerate like Columbia Records, who respects and supports the vision of their artist and partners. Nothing but love, respect and appreciation for Doug Morris, Rob Stringer and the entire staff," T.I. says via press release. "Also, a special thank you to my big bruh, Sk8board P, for always believing in me and also executive producing my upcoming project."

Earlier this year, after his ten year expiration date was up with Atlantic Records, Tip was quoted saying,
"I done sat with all the people; everybody says they're interested, but they don't want to cut that check...They going to cut that check, man, and it's going to be eight figures. I ain't doing no deal if it ain't eight figures."
Well, we at Mic Hustlin wonder if T.I. stayed true to his statement and stood behind it. When we find out a number, Mic Hustlers, you will know about it first!





So, What do you think about Pharrell producing T.I.'s new album?