Ad Code

"TheConcept" (Interview with JohnnyHipHop)

Johnny Hip Hop (Creator of his brand Superior Logic) has been writing since the age of 12. Since then, he has cataloged over 300 recorded tracks out of his home studio out of Marietta, GA.
In addition, he wears many other hats besides being an artist. He also finds time to be a graphic designer, ghostwriter, husband and father. Since joining the 4gENT Empire, Johnny has released 3 projects entitled "Parallel, The Concept, and the latest, The Concept 2".
His style is described as a Lupe Fiasco comparison mixed with an Eminem twist. Johnny's fans are in for a surprise with every track because he's one that will be sure to keep you guessing!
With tracks like "Am I In Hell" and "Superman's Regret", he is definitely one to keep your interest!

Check Out His Interview With @KlearJ Right Now.

What’s good homie? Tell my Mic Hustlaz a little about you.
What's up, I'm Johnny Hip Hop aka Johnny Razorblades. I'm a lyricist repping 4G ENT.

That’s the biz. What city you from though?
I'm coming from Marietta, GA. I'm from all over. I was born in AL but moved when I was 2. I've lived in TN and VA before moving to Marietta GA. I've been here most of my life.

Sound like a traveler for real! When did you start rapping?
I started rapping seriously when I was 16; however, when I was 15 I used to replace all the words of rap songs with more humorous ones. (Sort of like Weird Al) That's how I really got my start. The songs were terrible.

LOL I do that too though. When you finally got serious, who were the people that you looked up to?
Notorious BIG, Eminem, Kanye West, Andre 3000, Jay-Z, Mos Def, Nas & 2 pac. Really too many to count. I feel as every rapper has something to offer. Learning from others is how we can improve on ourselves.

Smart answer. With that being said, Who have you done work with in the past?
I was affiliated (with) Bloc 2 Bloc Records for a time and the Lady Killas (My first label affiliate) brought me into the rap game. I used to share rap ideas and freestyle with Gator of C-Side.

So tell us who would you like to work with in the future?
Every artist that influenced me of course but I got alot of respect for Lauryn Hill, Cee Lo and John Legend. I'd also like to work with Lupe Fiasco, J. Cole, Black Eyed Peas, and Gwen Stefani. Cold Play or One Republic would be a cool collab as well. I like to explore outside the limitations of typical rap music.

What is one of your favorite works that you have done?
That's a difficult question; I pick a new favorite every week. I'm partial to Am I in Hell. That song was written when I was in a very difficult time in my life. My Granny died around the time I wrote that song. It really helped me deal with the grief.

You got a lot of people around you, so I know you got some Shout Outs?
I'd like to 1st shout out my wife and 2 sons. My parents and my big sister. My extended family 4G Ent; especially my manager Beauty. Our new consultant Def Jam A&R Darnell Hodges. I want to shout out my homeboy over at Struggle Ova Ent, J Stacks Da Don. I want to shout out the other half of Superior Logic, Jackpot. Shout out to Juss Lexx, King Sneak, Conscious,and Malachi . Shout out to Heat Rock Productions. Shout out to all of GA, AL, TN and VA. Shout out to those early fans and the ones that are yet to come. If I missed anyone I'm sorry.

Where can people find your work?
http://Johnnyhiphop.com
http://4gent.webs.com/johnnyhiphop.htm
http://www.datpiff.com/Johnny-Hip-Hop-The-Concept-2-mixtape.245325.html
or just google Johnny Hip Hop; something should show up.

Thank You JohnnyHipHop For This Great Interview!!