Ad Code

"I Am Miss 706" (Interview with @706Nix aka Nix)


What’s good Nix? Introduce yourself to the world of Mic Hustlin

What up world!! Nice to meet ya. My name is Nikki McKnight, also go by the name Nix.

So where are you from?

I’m very proud to say i was born and raised in Columbus, Georgia.

Columbus, GA in the building!! When did you start spittin that hottness?

I started off writing poetry very young at around 9-10 years old. I began to take my craft seriously around the time i reached adulthood

You don’t see many women in the game doing it. So who where some people that made you wanna rap?

My biggest influences are Jay-Z, Nas, T.I., and Remy Ma. But I’m also influenced by any artist out there whose grinding and making things happen, doing what they love.

Great list. Who have you worked with in the past?

I’ve had the pleasure to work with some talented artists from my city, such as Young TY, 706, C-Blaq, J-Dan, Duce Revolver, Red Diamond, and C-Red. I’ve done a couple of tracks with my homie Clk da Slinga from NY. I’ve also worked with female vocalists Kim Joyce and Kenyondra. Producers I work with on a regular include Mike Deville, J-Dan, and Eeaazzee. I’m sure there are some people I may have forgotten to mention. Blame my head, not my heart.

Out of all that you have done, which one is your favorite?

One of my favorites is a track i did called “Awful Sounds,” produced by my partner J-Dan. It really brings out my story telling abilities. You can actually picture the story i’m telling while listening to the track. Very deep song..

That’s what’s up! Ok, out of all the people in the game to work with, who would you like to work with?

I would like to work with the artists that I named before who influenced me. And I would love to continue to work with the ones that I have had the pleasure of making great music with.

So, What are you working on lately?

At the moment, I’m focused on my full recovery from an unfortunate accident. That is what’s most important to me right now. I’m so blessed to be here right now. And once I’m fully recovered, the world shall hear my testimony.

Any Shout Outs or acknowledgements?

Shouts to the whole Columbus, GA. Let’s put our city on the map. Big shouts to my 3riple 2ouble and Streetz Lock’d team. Shout out to Hip Hop music. Keep it alive! Shouts and Thank you to Mic Hustlin for having me. Much love..

Where can people find your work?

You can check me out on www.reverbnation.com/nikkimcknight and www.3riple2ouble.com. “The Wake Up” and “No Beat Iz Safe” available on datpiff. Call and request my new single “Feelin Myself” on Foxy 105 706-576-3560!!!

Shout Out to Nix for the interview with KlearJOfficial. Follow her on Twitter as well at @706Nix.