Ad Code

"The Total Package" (Interview with @TifaniiSongbird)

This young lady has been living out her passion of singing since she was 5 years old. Her friends and family know her as Dav’rielle (pronounced Dah-vree-el) “Dee-Dee” Smith. Her fans and supporters know and love her as TIFANII SONGBIRD.

Following her bliss has afforded TIFANII a host of opportunities ranging from Showtime at the Apollo and BET’s 106 and Park. Most notably TIFANII triumphed over 800 local hopefuls landing a spot on MTVs Diddy’s Making the Band 3. Then known as Tiffany, she injured her hip during training and was forced to leave the show.

The story does not stop there! Since MTB3, TIFANII has been featured as the musical highlight at the Southwestern Athletic Conference Championship (SWAC) games (2008); landed spotlights on several mixtapes, including a feature as one of two R&B artists on the otherwise hip-hop BET’s Spring Bling Mixtape; and has released her own mixtape entitled “From the Streets to the Stage” in 2010, which was nominated S.E.A. 2011 Indie R&B Album of the Year. TIFANII has had the pleasure of working alongside mega-producers like Brian Michael Cox, Swizz Beatz among others, while cultivating the signature sound of TIFANII SONGBIRD!

TIFANII SONGBIRD defines the true meaning of “the total package” acing the abilities to sing, dance, model, act and write her own music. With the soulful sound of a seasoned songstress, this young diva has shared stages with artists and entertainers from near and far, such as: Vivica Fox, Morris Chesnut, Clifton Davis, Clipse, Monique, Chris Brown, Jazmine Sullivan, Howard Hewitt, Sammi, and Dave Hollister. She also starred in a theatrical play featuring Bern Nadette Stanis (aka Thelma from “Good Times”).

Now hitting her stride at age 21, TIFANII is honing her crafts and perfecting her gifts as a Mass Communication major at Norfolk State University in Norfolk, Virginia. With an education, talent, and knowledge of what it takes to make it as an entertainment, she is bringing it like never before.

She recently graced the stage of BET’s 106 and Park where many of her MTB3 supporters got reacquainted to only flood the social networking pages toting “TIFANII is here to stay!” Currently she continues to record, write, and perform her way into history. Nominated for Best R&B Artist and Song of the Year, TIFANII SONGBIRD is a guaranteed breakout star that the world will be calling on for more.

CHECK OUT HER INTERVIEW WITH MIC HUSTLIN NOW!

So Tifanii, tell us how long have you been singing?

I've been an artist every since I was 12 years old, but I started singing in church when I was 7 years old.

What do you think makes you stand out as an artist?

I stand out from other artist because i take pride in live performances. I enjoy being on the stage and letting people get to know Tifanii Songbird through a couple of songs with my band.

You were also featured on Making the Band produced by Diddy. Explain that experience.

I was on making the band 3 about 6 years ago, I used my cousin ID to enter into the contest, I was only 15 but i was pretending to be 21 years old. I stayed in the house for like 2 and half months leaving two weeks early before the final due to a dislocated hip from Diddy having us run 6 miles in Central Park. It was a great experience. I got to meet (all of the hottest) producer at such a young age and be around some talented older woman. It really opened my eyes knowing that it more people in the world that's hungry for the same dream that i want, making me have to work a million times as hard.
Do you feel like it's hard to keep up with the competition?

I don’t try to think about other people because if i spend my time being concerned about what they doing then I’m losing focus on what Ms. Songbird has to accomplish and that’s making feel good music and giving my fans a great show. I only can be who I am; I don’t try to duplicate anybody else work.

What new project do you have in the works at this moment?

I'm working on some new music to be on this up and coming album. I've been teaming up with this up and coming writer from my college at Norfolk State University named T. Rellz; promoting my new ladies anthem called " Snap Snap". My music is being played over seas. (The song is) called "Kandies Land" something that I wrote. (It’s) very grown and sexy, showing my mature side.

Are there any people that you would like to give credit to for helping you? Any Shout Outs.

I want to thank all the people that’s been supporting me form day one, and my camp ( manager Jayski, K'bana Blaq, and L. Nicole.

Where can people find your MUSIC? Jay Allen (jayskimanagement@gmail.com), On Twitter @TifaniiSongbird www.tifaniisongbird.com