Ad Code

"The Plus-Size Dream" (Interview with @KimPlusModel aka Kimmi-K)


Who said that BBW's can't have more fun? I know that Kim Smith Aka Kimmi-K will tell you different. She is Plus Size Model who is striving to get to the top. Her goal is to reach young girls who have NO confidence and think beautiful only exists in a size 2-4. No way……lay your eyes on this full figured Barbie doll, and you will think twice about a size 2-4. “Bigger is Better” is her Motto! Motivated, A Self Starter, Funny, Shy and Confident yet Humble are some words to describe this diva’s Attitude.

Kim has done several fashion shows and she loves the run way. She also has had special training. From striking the perfect pose to working the runway, she know it all. Kim doesn't count this as a blessing just for her, but for her family, friends, and all the women who felt like they were not good enough because of where they came from, their size or skin color.

Her main goals are to pursue a successful professional modeling career, act, open a plus size boutique which would feature her own shoe/clothing line along with other fashion designers. She also plans to establish a center for young girls to build there confidence, goals, and skills. The 3 Things that keep her going is staying fabulous, exercise, and keeping God first. 

Check out the interview with the beautiful Kimmi-K!

Hey beauty? Introduce yourself.
My name is Kimmik Smith/Kimmi. I am a freelance plus size model born in St. Louis, Mo. Now residing in Nashville, TN. I am a Fashion, Print, Commercial, Glam/Beauty, and Runway Model.

And you are a sexy Plus-Size Model too! What are your measurements?

40/45/56

Yesss Lawd. I lovin that! How long have you been a model?

I have been modeling for about 2 ½ years, and I have worked with some of the best photographers I have worked with Daniels Digital Darkroom, Patrick Collins, David Smith, Patrick Webster, Stephanie Klee, and the list goes on. I also have been blessed to work with DMichelle Designs, Kountry Boy Couture, OVE, God’s Princess (just to name a few) some of the Hottest designers in Nashville, TN.

Nice. And what influeneced you to become a model?

I have always loved fashion!! I really felt like I could model after watching Tocarra Jones on ANTM. I love her, and I adore her. Also, after watching Monique she really was a huge influence for me, b/c she is big and beautiful, and she made me feel good about myself. I also wanted to become a model, b/c when I was growing up I had such low self esteem, and always felt too fat/ugly. Now I feel as if I am a mogul, where I can encourage and motivate young girls. I don’t do this for me, I do it for them. I feel like I have a purpose in this, to up lift young insecure girls.



So what do you feel makes you stand out from other models?

There are a lot of things that makes me stand out from other models. 1st I am very HUMBLE. There a lot of models who get a gig or 2 and feel like they are above others, 2nd I also have a Great heart. I give love and I support others NO HATE from me..3rd I am very dependable, motivated, and hungry. My drive is crazy!!

So for the million dollar question. The one that I know the fellows wanna know! ARE YOU SINGLE?

LOL..I am single. I honestly can say I am single, b/c I am afraid of relationships. I was really hurt so it takes a lot for me to give my heart and love to a man. I have a lot of love to give, and I am just waiting on that special person to give all my love to.

So let the fellows know whats your hobbies and interest?

My hobbies are reading, shopping, dancing, laughing, playing cards, and spending time with my love ones when time permits.

Do you feel like you have alot of competition in your field?

No I don’t feel like it’s hard for me to keep up with other models. I am in my own lane. I focus on me, if I see another model doing something big, or get a gig over me I congratulate and keep it moving. I believe that there is enough good to go to everyone, and its all about timing and faith.


I know you have some shout outs?

YES I would love to say Thank you to my Modeling coach S. Hunter she believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself, My big cousin Delores Cox, I love you sooo much, thank you for all you have done for me, talking to me, and helping me wipe all my tears when I was down, to all the photographers/designers who I have worked with and my family and friends!!

Where can people find your work?

I can be contacted at kimmik.smith@gmail.com and to view my online portfolios you can go to www.itsmyurls.com/kimmik